[vc_row type=”in_container” full_screen_row_position=”middle” column_margin=”default” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″ shape_divider_position=”bottom” bg_image_animation=”none”][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ column_link_target=”_self” column_shadow=”none” column_border_radius=”none” width=”1/1″ tablet_width_inherit=”default” tablet_text_alignment=”default” phone_text_alignment=”default” overlay_strength=”0.3″ column_border_width=”none” column_border_style=”solid” bg_image_animation=”none”][vc_column_text]Last Updated 1/12/09: Borrowing an idea from JD Scoop, I have decided to compile and maintain an index of Texas lawyers, legal professionals, and firms who actively use Twitter. The alphabetical list (by username) appears below.
Like everything else, Twitter is what you make of it. Though originally geared toward personal communications, it has evolved into a powerful networking and business-development tool. I hope this list helps Texans working in the legal field connect with each other in ways they wouldn’t have otherwise.
I am starting the list off at 20, but I anticipate it will grow over time. The descriptive information comes from Twitter bios or other online sources. If you want to revise yours, or if you’re not on the list and would like to be, tweet me.
- @aellislegal: Recruiter placing bankruptcy attorneys nationwide and all attorneys within Texas.
- @bigtkirk: Tom Kirkendall seeks freedom and justice in an increasingly regulated world.
- @bksanchez: Houston civil litigator.
- @BlakeMBoyd: Trial technologist and presentation specialist. based in San Antonio.
- @BobKraft: Injury, disability, and immigration lawyer in Dallas.
- @bschuelke: Partner in an Austin plaintiff’s litigation law firm.
- @chucknewton: Husband, father, lawyer, Third Waver, carpet commuter, spare room tycoon.
- @dtoddsmith: The author of this blog. Board-certified civil appellate practitioner based in Austin but practicing statewide.
- @fulbright: The international law firm of Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
- @glambert: Law librarian and blogger.
- @HouCrimLaw: Houston criminal defense trial philosopher . . . and lawyer.
- @mexicolawblog: Mexican law and news for businesses and investors.
- @nicolebroussard: Longview-based immigration attorney.
- @jackson_walker: Jackson Walker L.L.P.
- @johnsirman: State Bar of Texas web manager and Texas Bar Journal technology editor.
- @martinvisalaw: Immigration lawyer with more than 11 years experience.
- @PaulBKennedy: DWI and criminal defense lawyer in Houston.
- @shannongracey: Shannon, Gracey, Ratliff & Miller, LLP.
- @startuplawyer: Startup lawyer and blogger.
- @statebaroftexas: Providing an array of services for members and the public.
- @tamerabennett: Copyright, trademark, and entertainment lawyer, among other things.
- @TRLA: Texas RioGrande Legal Aid.
- @TheHRLawyer: San Antonio lawyer handling disputes involving overtime pay, discrimination, wrongful termination, noncompete & separation agreements, and other employment-related issues.
- @TomMighell: All-around tech and collaboration guru.
1/12/09: My friends at LexBlog are offering a free service known as LexTweet that collects tweets from members of the legal community. It is an excellent source for identifying people to follow and is not limited by jurisdiction.
For a plain-English explanation of Twitter, watch the following video: